How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry ice cream is great, especially when you use fresh strawberries and use a good quality ice cream maker. There are many different recipes out there on how to make it. However the following is one of the most reviewed recipes. You can always tweak the recipe to your own liking (add ingredients; use less of a certain product, etc).
- 2 Cups fresh strawberries
- 1 Cup whole milk
- half a cup of sugar
- half tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
- Chop the strawberries to small pieces.
- Mix the following ingredients – the milk, sugar and salt.
- You can now place the heavy cream and stir the contents.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the mix.
- Now, leave the mixture in the fridge for at least couple of hours (you can leave it in the fridge overnight and use on the following date).
- Place the content in your ice cream maker (Follow your ice cream maker manufacturer instructions on how to best use the mixture you have produced in order to get the best possible ice cream).
Health benefits of strawberries:
- Strawberries contain anthocyanins which stimulates the burning of stored fat.
- It is also proved that anthocyanins can improve short term memory.
- It is really low in calories.
- Good for your bones as strawberries contain potassium and magnesium.
- It is overall food that is believed to be good for weight loss (although some might say that if you are trying to lose weight you should not eat ice cream in the first place. Which is not necessarily true, as they say – “moderation is key”).
- It is proved that strawberries are good for your eyes as well.
- Some researches show that there are also some anti-aging properties.
- Contains antioxidants.
As you can see ice cream can actually be good for you if you watch the ingredients (take it easy on the sugar and heavy cream). I believe that you can easily enjoy a healthy lifestyle and still have a portion of strawberry ice cream whenever you feel like it.
*Healthy Tip – you can always use less sugar and the ice cream will still taste good.
For more info on the best ice cream makers on that market that you can use to make this recipe Click Here.