Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream Maker Review- You want to be able to make ice…
Best Ice Cream Maker with Built in Freezer Reviews
If you are looking for a fully automated home ice cream machine then an ice cream maker with built in freezer is perfect for you. These models of ice cream makers have a built in freezing mechanism which saves you time and screams convenience.
These models eliminate the need for a pre-freeze bowl and significantly reduces prep time which means there is more time to create and eat more ice cream! Essentially all you have to do is pour in the ingredients, turn on the machine and wait 20-30mins for your ice cream to be ready.
What are the best ice cream makers with built in freezers?
We have done the hard work for you by collaborating the best five ice cream makers with built in freezers. These ice cream makers have been tried and tested and have undergone the toughest of reviews based on quality, value for money, convenience and style. They are still standing and are making our top five list! Check them out – then choose for yourself!
1. Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream and Gelato Maker
If you would like to be able to make real gelato at home – Look no further, this is the machine for you!
- Less noisy than the other Cuisinart machines.
- The container is easy to empty which means less ice cream goes to waste.
- It comes with a gelato paddle. You are basically buying two machines in one
- You can add toppings while the machine is working with the easily removable lid.
- The stainless finish looks great and upmarket. It does look like you have bought an expensive machine for your kitchen.
- You do not have to pre-freeze the bowl.
- There is a 10 minute Keep Cool feature that will keep the ice cream or gelato cool even after the machine stops.
- If you are after a basic ice cream maker that you will only use once or twice per year there are cheaper options out there.
- The machine is on the large side. So keep that in mind if you do not have much space in the kitchen.
This ice cream maker with built in freezer is a premium machine that comes with handy features and is able to produce great gelato. You cannot do much better than the Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream and Gelato Maker.
2. Lello 4080 Musso Lussino 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker
This is probably the best ice cream maker in terms of quality and features at the moment. The Lello 4080 will truly amaze you as it is not your average home ice cream machine but rather a very professional ice cream maker that you can use to make everything from ice cream, gelato, frozen yogurt and frozen drinks.
- You do not need to pre-freeze a bowl which means if you want ice cream – you can make it now!
- The machine automatically stops if the mixture is ready by monitoring the hardness of the mixture.
- Everything is made of metal unlike the less expensive machines – the machines looks really professional.
- Depends on your price range – if you are prepared to pay a little extra you know you will get a high quality ice cream maker
- It weighs 38 pounds – a problem if you do not have enough space in your kitchen and need to move it each time you use it.
If money was no object for me I will definitely go for this machine.
3. Breville BCI600XL Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker Review
This Breville Ice Cream Maker is one of the most reliable and modern units on the market. It features a whopping 12 hardness settings and it is able to make sorbet, frozen yogurt, and gelato in addition to ice cream. It has a refrigeration compressor built in so there is no need to freeze bowls or use ice. Able to function in automatic or manual mode, as well as a “Keep Cool” setting, this ice cream maker offers a wide range of features to help you make the perfect frozen dessert.
This is a high-end machine that comes with a high-end price tag, but owners seem to agree that you get what you pay for. This unit offers professional grade ice cream making experience that was designed for home use. Those who have purchased this machine have given it high praise and recommendation rates.
- 12 Hardness Settings: This offers you the ultimate control to have ice cream turn out just the way you like it. To adjust the hardness level, simply switch the main knob to the left or right, and press the “Start” button. The machine will do all of the work for you.
- Keep-Cool Function: The BCI600XL from Breville includes a Keep Cool function that will enable you to keep your frozen dessert cool for up to 3 hours to avoid melting and preserve its consistency at the same time. A simple press of a button and your ice cream will stay chilled temporarily until you are ready to serve it.
- Pre-Cool Setting: Since the Breville BCI600XL is fully automatic, you will be able to pre-chill the freezer bowl by using the Pre-Cool setting of the machine. By doing so, you will manage to successfully achieve the optimal temperature for freezing your mixture adequately, so you will never compromise its consistency, flavor or appearance once the unit finishes its job.
- LCD Display: This model comes with an easy to read LCD monitor display. Easy to operate controls are intuitive and are simple to follow on the display.
- Heavy Construction: At 30 pounds, the BCI600XL Smart Scoop is pretty heavy, which is not that good if you are not sure of whether you want to place it, or if you plan to carry it with you to some other places. Unless you plan on leaving it on the counter, this unit is going to be a hassle to move.
For those who do not wish to spend so much on an ice cream maker the Cuisinart ICE-30BC may be a better alternative.
For those serious ice cream lovers that would like more control and want a serious machine that can handle a wide variety of frozen treats, then the Breville Smart Scoop BCI600XL is a machine worthy of consideration. It is a modern and extremely capable ice cream machine that owners are happy that they bought. This model gets consistent scores in the mid to high 4’s out of 5 stars from customers. To see our detailed review of the Brevill Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker click here.
4. Whynter ICM-200LS Stainless Steel Ice Cream Maker
The Whynter ICM-200LS Stainless Steel Ice Cream Maker is constructed from stainless steel, looks super professional and is easy to use. It produces top quality ice cream that is smooth and creamy. Not only can you make ice cream, you can also create delicious sorbet and gelato.
- This ice cream maker with built in freezer contains a powerful compressor freezer which allows for convenient use
- The Whynter ICM-200LS has an Extended Cooling function which prevents the mixture from melting
- It also has a Motor Protection function that stops the mixture from churning when it becomes solid. This prevents overheating or damage to the motor.
- The professional stainless steel look also comes with a soft touch LCD control panel
- This home ice cream maker is still a little heavy weighing in at 27lb (12kg). It is however much lighter than some of the other ice cream makers above.
The Whynter ICM-200LS Stainless Steel Ice Cream Maker is a great quality machine which will produce quality ice cream, sorbet or gelato.
5. Maxi-Matic Freezing Self-Refrigerating Ice Cream Maker
This Maxi-Matic Freezing Self-Refrigerating Ice Cream Maker (EIM-700) has a neat design that produces top quality ice cream, gelato, frozen yogurt, sherbet and sorbet. This ice cream maker with built in freezer allows you to make frozen treats in less than an hour.
- This Maxi-Matic ice cream maker allows you to choose between hard or soft serve settings via a siple control panel.
- super easy to use- mix your favourite ingredients, pour the mixture into the bowl, choose the hardness and let the machine do the work!
- Light weight – only 5.62lb (2.55kg) makes it easy to move around the kitchen as you need.
- A smaller machine does make a smaller batch. Capacity is 1.5pints which is perfect if making for a couple of people but probably not enough for a bigger family or gathering.
- The inner container doesn’t come out of the machine so it can be difficult to clean.
If you are looking for a quality ice cream maker that is affordable and has overall positive reviews, the Maxi-Matic Freezing Self-Refrigerating Ice Cream Maker is for you!
- Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream Maker Review
- What Really Makes A Great Ice Cream Maker?
Because of their wide use in most of homes and commercial establishments, there has been…
- Cuisinart ICE-30BC Ice Cream Maker Review
Cuisinart ICE-30BC Ice Cream Maker Review - Based on all reviews and technical specifications Cuisinart…