Cuisinart ICE-21 Ice Cream Maker Review - This Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker is currently ranked…
Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30: A Comparison
For customers who love Cuisinart ice cream maker products, choosing between Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30 can be a hard decision to make. Both are not just very popular ice cream models that produce delectable frozen treats, but also have their own unique features. While these two Cuisinart ice cream makers produce excellent results, some customers can’t help but prefer one model over others for various reasons.
If you are new to making homemade ice cream or looking for an upgrade, once you compare Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30 side by side, you will find that the two Cuisinart models are equally efficient. They can both make rich and creamy ice cream, low-fat frozen yoghurt, sorbet, gelato, and other frozen desserts in just 20 to 40 minutes.
So which one should you choose? This article gives you an in-depth Cuisinart ice cream maker comparison between Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30 to see which one works better than the other. Let’s get started!
Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30 Specs
Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30 Key Features
The first thing that you’ll find similarly in these ice cream makers is their parts. Both come with a double insulated pre-cool bowl, a built-in canister, and an aluminum dasher (stirring paddle). They come with a transparent lid that opens from the top to let you add all your ingredients with ease. They also feature strong housing that helps aerate the mixture for faster churning time.
Also, Cuisinart ICE-21 and ICE-30 both come with recipe books when purchased. An instruction manual also shows you the step-by-step process of how to use the appliance.
The Cuisinart ICE-30BC features a more compact design that can easily fit in any kitchen counter space. On the other hand, the Cuisinart ICE-21 comes with a compact body that measures 14 x 10.2 x 12.2 inches and weighs 9 pounds only. It has larger paddles to help mix faster. The bowl doesn’t have insulation, yet it’s compact enough to fit inside your freezer.
If you care about the physical appearance of your ice cream maker, you’ll love the color options that both machines feature. Cuisinart ICE-30 features silver and brushed metal colors. Its counterpart, ICE-21, comes in white, pink, and red colors, so you always have many options at your disposal.
Cuisinart ICE-30 features a much bigger capacity than its counterpart ICE-21. It can make up to 2.0 quarts of ice cream, which is enough for up to 8 servings. The Cuisinart ICE-21, on the other hand, makes up to 1.5 quarts of ice cream, which can also serve your family with ease.
One downside of the big capacity ice cream maker is that you have to create enough space in your freezer to accommodate the freezer bowl. If you don’t have enough space, you might consider going for a much smaller bowl.
The Cuisinart ICE-30 is a fully automatic ice cream maker. This means that the appliance does everything. You don’t have to add ice cubes, salt, or rock salt like traditional automatic ice cream makers. All you need to do is add milk and your favorite ingredients, such as fruit or jam, and prepare a large bowl for mixing it all. Then use the machine’s on/off switch and leave it alone to churn the ice cream to your favorite desire.
On the other hand, Cuisinart ICE-21 is a semi-automatic machine. That means you have to add ice cubes, salt, and rock salt. There is no need for any pre-freezing before and after churning and mixing, and there’s also no option of choosing the timer. The amount of time needed depends on how cold your freezer is and how fast or slow your ice cream will harden.
The Construction Quality
The Cuisinart ICE-30BC has brushed steel construction, which portrays a more premium look. The ICE-21 is made of plastic, but this doesn’t mean that it’s inferior. It still has a great built quality and does not show any amount of fragility.
Both machines are well made with perfect conduction quality. Their bottoms are super solid, making them very durable ice cream makers. And to add to that, the two Cuisinart ice cream makers have powerful motors. However, the ICE-30BC’s motor is much more powerful than ICE-21, so it works perfectly with thicker mixes.
Many customers complain about the noise that comes from usual ice cream makers, and Cuisinart brands are no exception. The noise level is acceptable, but not low. The decibels of these machines are more or less the same. The ICE-30 has an average noise level of 80-82db, while the ICE-21 has 79-82db.
The ICE-30 is said to produce louder noises with more grinding power than ICE-21. So, if you care more about the noise levels, the ICE-21 will be your best choice.
Ice Cream Quality
Both Cuisinart ICE-21 and ICE-30 make very good ice creams. Both their end qualities are wonderful, and the taste is great. But the price will make a difference in the quality of ice cream it produces.
The ICE-30 is more expensive than the ICE-21. But to compensate for the price difference, it comes with a better compressor, making its motor more powerful. It can produce thicker mixes than the ICE-21. If you have less budget, but you want a good ice cream maker, the ICE-21 is a better choice.
But if you have more money and want to make delicious treats for your family or friends using an ice cream maker of higher quality, the ICE-30 is a great option.
Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30 Performance Comparison
Both ice cream makers perform well when making ice cream. They will give you consistent results each time you use them. However, there is a significant difference between the two, which is reflected in their price tag.
The ICE-30 has a more powerful motor and compressor, meaning it can make more types of treats than the ICE-21 because it does not have to sacrifice quality for affordability.
The ICE-30 comes with a 2-quart aluminum canister and has the capacity to make 2.0 quarts of ice cream, gelato or sorbet at a time. The ICE-21 has a 1.5 quarts canister, so it can only make about half as much as its bigger cousin.
Both ice cream makers have incredible churn times of 20 to 40 minutes, both are dishwasher safe, and they even have the same dimensions.
Want to try making your own waffle cones? Check the Top 5 Commercial Waffle Cone Makers that are crowd-favorites!
Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30 Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons
- Affordability: Compared to other Cuisinart ice cream makers, the ICE-21 is no doubt among the cheapest. At under $60, you’ll get up to 1.5 quarts of ice cream after every batch.
- Convenience: The Cuisinart ICE-21 doesn’t need salt and ice. It also features an Ice Cream Button that automatically adjusts the mixing time while churning your frozen treats for creamy goodness you will love.
- Durability: This ice cream maker has a good track record in terms of durability. Several users have been using it for a couple of years without experiencing any problems.
- Easy to use: This ice cream maker is very easy to use and has a straightforward design that blends in perfectly with modern kitchens. Anyone can start churning their own homemade frozen desserts in minutes after plugging the ICE-21.
- Noise Levels: If you’re looking for a quiet ice cream maker model, this one should not be your top priority. However, it is not as noisy as many might think.
- Motor: A few users experienced problems with the motor of this ice cream maker but most reported that customer service was very helpful and sent out a replacement part free of charge.
- Ice Cream Consistency: The texture/ consistency of ice cream produced by this machine was not smooth enough for some users; this could be because its motor is not powerful enough.
Pros and Cons
- Powerful Motor: This ice cream maker comes with a powerful motor, which is excellent for people looking for an appliance that can produce smooth and creamy ice cream.
- Ice Cream Consistency: Many users report that the texture/consistency of the ice cream produced by this machine was excellent. However, it does seem to struggle with producing really hard ice cream.
- Large Freezing Container: The ICE-30 comes with a 2.0-quart capacity freezing bowl, which is great because it means you can make more ice cream at once.
- Auto Shut-Off: The 70z Cuisinart ICE-30 will automatically shut off when the ice cream has reached the correct consistency, this prevents over-freezing and ensures a perfect batch every time.
- Timer: The Cuisinart ICE-30 features a handy built-in digital timer that counts down from around 20 minutes. This is great for checking on the progress of your ice cream without having to open up the freezer.
- Noise: If you’re looking for a quieter operation, the ICE-30 is not for you since it’s a little bit noisy. Even though the noise can be pretty startling at first, it doesn’t really bother much after you’ve gotten used to it.
- Size: The ICE-30 is rather small and if you’re expecting a ‘super large’ ice cream maker, this product may not meet your expectations.
What to Consider When Buying Ice Cream Maker
Many buyers pay more attention to the ice cream maker’s capacity. You need a bigger capacity if you want to prepare a certain amount of ice cream that can serve a large family. If you have a smaller family, you will do well with a smaller model.
Design and Functions
You might also want to consider buying an ice cream maker with extra functions since there are several best multi-functional ice cream makers for making gelato, sorbet, and frozen yoghurt. Their added features may include an LCD timer, automatic shut-off feature, on/off switches for the churning paddle, and a freezer bowl. Some of the models also come with a special spout for pouring in mix-ins such as chocolate chips or fruit pieces.
Paddle Size and Spindle Speed
You should check out ice cream maker reviews if you want to determine which model has the best parts for churning. The paddles may either be horizontal or vertical, and the latter is said to produce smoother ice cream. The spindle speed of a machine may also affect the consistency of the ice cream, so choose one with higher RPMs for better results.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
The best ice cream makers should be easy to use and easy to clean. You need something that your entire family, including children, can operate with ease. An ice cream maker that can be cleaned easily will let you enjoy more time making creamy ice cream instead of scrubbing sticky parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all Cuisinart ice cream makers use freezer bowls?
Yes! All Cuisinart ICE-21 ice cream makers use freezer bowls. Most of these bowls must be frozen for at least 24 hours before using the appliance.
What is a compressor machine?
A compressor machine is one where you add your own ingredients and it freezes by itself without the need of a pre-frozen bowl. These types of machines are made by other ice cream maker brands.
How long can I keep ice cream in the freezer?
It is best to eat it as fresh as possible. But if you have to freeze it, please note that for every month it sits in your freezer, its flavor and texture will diminish.
What do I need to know about the warranty of Cuisinart ice cream makers?
Cuisinart brand provides their ice cream makers with a generous warranty period of up to three years. This means you won’t have to worry about the durability of the machine or its components since they’ll surely serve you well for a good period.
Our Verdict: Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30 Comparison
If you’re wondering if “are ice cream makers worth it?“, then both Cuisinart ICE-21 and ICE-30 will prove that yes, they are! These two Cuisinart home ice cream makers are sure to immediately satisfy your need for something creamy and sweet. They are both affordable and offer almost the same features except for a few minor differences.
While the ICE-21 is encased in white plastic, the ICE-30, on the other hand, comes in brushed stainless steel which gives it an elegant look. However, this doesn’t make any difference when it comes to their performance and ease of use. If you prefer not to spend too much time cleaning, then you’re better off with the ICE-21 as it’s easier to maintain. Also, the former that doesn’t have a compressor can still make delicious ice cream without requiring any pre-freezing. Just be sure to always have its bowl in the freezer for optimum performance.
With our Cuisinart ice cream maker comparison, we hope that you can now make an informed choice when it comes to deciding which one to buy between Cuisinart ICE-21 vs ICE-30.
Join Me In The Fun of Making Ice Cream at Home!
Find out a little more about myself and the IceCream Maker Guru gang here.
Thanks for visiting and may your ice cream always be delicious!